Wednesday, February 3, 2010


More Travel Sketches

Thought I'd share a few more travel sketches. One of my favorite countries to visit is Italy, and one of the most unique cities on planet Earth is Venice, Italy. Venice is so rich in history, culture, and architecture that it often finds its way into my sketchbook. Piazza San Marco (St. Mark's Square) in Venice is a great place to sketch. I'm particularly drawn to the exquisite Byzantine architecture of St. Mark's Basilica. One sketch of the great cathedral seen here found its way into a final piece in my Divine Messenger Series. The sketches in this week's blog were drawn on location from the following places.

Grand Canal, Venice, Italy

Piazza Navona, Rome, Italy

Bernini's Elephant in Minerva Square, Rome, Italy

Shop Street, Galway, Ireland

Santa Maria Della Salute, Venice, Italy

Florence, Italy

Saint Mark's Square and Basilica, Venice, Italy

Cathedral Basilica of Saint Mark, Venice, Italy





1 comment:

  1. These are great. My favorite is the sketch from Rome. Feel like I'm there!

    ReplyDelete