Saturday, February 20, 2010


Re-imagining Remnants

A while back I ventured into an old, dilapidated mannequin refurbishing warehouse that hadn't been used since the late 1970's. The abandoned warehouse was full of old mannequins from the 1950's, 60's and 70's. The macabre experience was one of disconcertion and uneasiness. I have been working on an ongoing series of images based on that encounter for some time now. Elements of this body of work still find their way into my recent images and will become more predominate in the near future.

This encounter in the mannequin warehouse often brings me back to an episode of The Twilight Zone written by Rod Serling entitled The After Hours. This episode takes place late at night in a department store where the line between the living and the inanimate blurs irrevocably.

I'll be featuring some earlier and more recent works as well as preliminary renderings from this series. I've posted a piece I've been working on based on this experience that is finding its way into my new series entitled Altered Perceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment