Friday, January 15, 2010


In Progress

Our mind can produce images that are not completely dependent on external stimulation. These images can be mistaken for real objects. My work is often based on the mysteries of perception and consciousness. At this point the inner workings of the brain are still shrouded in mystery even within the circles of neuroscience. Much of what we experience is the result of information being passed through neurons in the brain, but it is still unknown how neural information is coded. How memories are stored and retrieved or how time is represented within the brain is unclear. Neuroscience is hazy about what exactly is consciousness or why we dream. I continually explore examples of this though my art.

My work often involves layering of images and the juxtaposition of organic and geometric forms. This piece I’m currently working on is an example of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment